Monday, March 29, 2010

Difficult people

Today I spoke with a colleague. Poor thing!

My job has been extremely stressful recently and the fussing landed me in the hospital just before Christmas. I've made some basic changes at work that have helped, but dealing with hostile people is diffcult.

The problems began because some people were demanding that I perform a job-related act that would have been illegal under the circumstances. They didn't care - I should do as they wanted. From there the fuss escaladed to false accusations levied at me and at others, immature behavior, false accusations, reports to authorities, loud voices at board meetings. Oh, yeah, a real joy!

Well, today when I spoke with my colleague, I discovered the craziness in my life is trumped by the lunacy in hers. Unlike me, she did not end up in a hospital (yet), but she lost 15 pounds in a month because of stress caused by dealing with similar experiences to mine, with an added little bonus - death threats!

Say it with feeling! OOOOFDAAAH!

What is happening in this country? Congress is corrupt, lies in DC are rampant, votes are for sale, statesmanship is sold out for personal gain -- behavior is abominable at the capitol - and it all seems to filter down to the loonies in our home towns.

Do we really want to foster a me-society where everyone seems to think things should be their way even if it means someone else gets hurt? Or do we want decent role models in our seat of government to encourage honest, sane behavior and responsibility?

Venlig hilsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment