Saturday, March 27, 2010

What is OofDah?

OofDah is a sacred Norwegian word. Neh, it's a Norwegian-American slang word.

Norwegian-American. Is there such a thing? Neh, we of Norwegian descent love our country and simply call ourselves American. No split allegiance. No claims for special treatment because we came from another country. Real Americans taking on the responsiblity of real citizenship.

OofDah, it's that simple. And we don't understand the claims to hyphenated-American. How can you be somewhat-American? Either you are a citizen or not.

Why be hyphenated? OofDah, that's not American to me. Drop the hyphen and become an American, plain and simple! I'm an American of Norwegian descent, definitely NOT a Norwegian-American.

So back to OofDah. What does it mean? Well, it is a very versatile word and so useful in any situation! Let me demonstrate. If I drop something, I say OofDah; if I almost drop something but catch it in time, I say OofDah; if make it over a puddle, I say OofDah; if I splash into it, I say OofDah; if someone does something stupid, I say OofDah; if someone excels at something, I say OofDah.

Handy little unhyphenated word, isn't it? OofDah, it is almost sacred.

Venlig hilsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment