Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rally for Sanity Another Alice Moment

Another Alice moment.  The Rally to Restore Sanity.  A sign.  "I Support the Rally to Restore Sanity.  NAMBLA."

Hint MBL is for Man-Boy Love.  That's not my idea of sanity.  Not with boys in my family!

Another sign.  "I masturbate to Christine O'Donnell."  Held by some mother's daughter.  I'm sure she's proud of her sweet girl! 

I wonder, is the girl doing it to O'Donnell?  I mean is she offering it up as a gift?  Or does she mean "I masturbate, too, Christine."  I'm sure her English teacher is also proud of this literate girl.

Oh, yeah.  Sanity!   This rally was all about sanity!

Alice, are you down here in this rabbit hole?  Or are you inside the looking glass?

1 comment:

  1. Hello there. I am the girl who made, and held the sign about Christine O'donnell. So let me make a few things clear. First off, my mom was pretty excited about the popularity of the sign, I actually did news interviews that day; many thought of it as clever. Secondly, I know the difference between too and to. I didn't use "too" because I wasn't saying that I also masturbate; it was a joke insinuating that I masturbated to thoughts of her. I would appreciate that you not insinuate that since I am a young, attractive, female, that I don't understand what I'm talking about; it's condescending and sexist. If you knew what I was trying to convey through my sign, you might see the humor. Obviously you should read a thing or two about some of our candidates; maybe then you'll see some of the insane people running. That was the point of the rally, to "restore sanity" to our government. Pick up a book, or browse around the web, maybe you'll learn a thing or two about politics and what conservatism and arrogance has done to this country.

    ReplyDelete